Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Would you like a side of global warming with that Chai?

DC is gross right now. It feels more like mid-August than mid-October. It's seriously affecting my inner-self as it gets dark by 7pm (latest) but it's still 90 degrees and humid out. Eeew.

However--I'm laying down a secret plan, and have been for some time, to try to get it to cool off. While I never EVER drink hot beverages in the hot summer months unless a) I am traveling, b) I am sick or c) it's soup other than gazpacho, I have started ordering warm drinks once again. It's not done much, up until now, other than make sweatier than I would have been by just walking outside, but it's my own way of willing the season to actually change. I just ordered my favorite fall/winter drink, in fact, a nice, extra hot soy chai latte from (strike me down and light me on fire) Starbucks.

And wouldn't you know it--I just checked the weather and tomorrow is supposed to in the mid-60s! While I generally would not rejoice at a solid 30 degree temperature change this quickly, I gotta say, I'm looking forward to a brisk walk to the metro tomorrow morning (wake me up before my exam!) versus the walk that makes me feel like I need a shower..again.

Anyone up for some apple picking in this (hopefully) seasonably appropriate weather we're about to get??!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

right there with you em! I somewhat obsessively check the weather on the east coast, whether I have an upcoming trip or not, just to read about weather other than 67 & sunny (not trying to rub it in AT ALL). And I miss fall - not only am I robbed of it here on the west coast, but I can't even revel in my memories by reading about frosts at night & crisp blue skies during the day! This is wrong, wrong wrong. I will continue to drink large hot coffees daily, regardless of season. In this bland seasonless locale. xo

Purposeful Wanderer said...

I love the solidarity!

We can create our seasons and they will be fabulous!