Friday, April 13, 2007

Those Who Inspire

It's my friend S's birthday today. I have to post a little somethin' about her as this has been a kick ass and *BIG* week for her (and all of us who have been next to her during the past year).

S is one of those people who is a classic overachiever. She's in a joint degree program, getting both a master's and a J.D. She works for a judge, while balancing this. She goes to yoga classes. Regularly.

And today, she's reached the top of the thesis mountain, a peak that she has been climbing slowly and steadily for 365 days, if not more. I. Am. SO. Proud. Of. Her. Ladies and gentlemen, she has accomplished this ALL WHILE IN LAW SCHOOL.

I like having people around me who inspire me to be a little better, reach a little farther, push a litter harder. S is one of those. In a zen-like manner she steadily gets it done--accurately, intelligently, and always fashionably.

She deserves a shout out or four. Give someone a high-five and congratulate S on a job well done, and to another remarkable year on her birthday.

5 comments:

ISO... said...

couldn't have said it better. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUS!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUS (and go Bruno!)

Blair said...

This blog still exists? Wow! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE!

armo said...

Wow. Although I don't know her, congratulations!

And Emily, I'm so glad to fill the bottom half of the spectrum of your friends' achievement. It's fun down here, you should come visit! Although it smells little like beer.

Unknown said...

Hey armo, law school smells like urine, tastes like crap, and is really, really hard to swallow (unless you're into that kind of stuff)

Still Sus and Em somehow manage to smell like flowers.

I hate the stench of urine, but I do so enjoy its logical precursor: beer.

Where exactly is "down here," and how can I get some of that sweet, sweet beer smell?

Please send it to 600 New Jersey Ave, NW.