Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hope Wanes

The Washington Post has done an impressive job recently in their coverage of different aspects of what is happening in Sudan, from coverage of the political issues to some serious "human interest" stories. Here are some links to the most recent and terribly bleak stories and videos. I encourage people to watch the actual video. I watched it at work--I felt almost transported back to Dadaab--the stories from the refugees are surprisingly identical, but unfortunately in Chad the level of aid is not anywhere near where it needs to be, or where it was in Kenya. What is happening in this region of the world is so deeply upsetting to me and I feel stifled in my inability to contribute to the search for an end to the extreme suffering.

So here are the links. Without the ability to participate in this crisis, the best we can do is remain educated and aware.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/07/AR2007030702253.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/interactives/chad/

No comments: