Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wide Open Spaces

I forgot what it feels like to have expanses of days with no obligations. Having finished my job on Friday, not having any schoolwork and having an offer (and a sweet one at that) in my back pocket, I have taken the past few days and have been able to really enjoy them.

Tomorrow I leave for my road trip to the cabin on the lake in Vermont with J and C and 8 of C's closest friends. I cannot wait. Lounging in the lake, drinking wine, grilling various meats (and fine, vegetarian fare of C) seems like the perfect mid-August weekend to kick off 10 days in the great NorthEast. I head south on Sunday to my parent's house to hang out and mull over all of the information I have regarding my offer, cities, moving, and my next big step.

Then it's off to the beach on Wednesday. 4 days in Maine, in the sun, on the coast with mountains of books and not much else.

So that's where I'll be for the next ten days. yippee!

No comments: